Sonoma State University believes in supporting our students in their academic endeavors, and the Human Development Program encourages all of our majors to seek help financing their education. The SSU Scholarship Office oversees two scholarship programs: The University Scholarship Program (clearinghouse for multiple scholarships with a variety of criteria; open to all SSU students) and TheDream.US Program (for DACA and TPS students).
The SSU Financial Aid Office has resources for students seeking other types of aid, including: grants, federal work-study, federal loans, alternative loans, and grants & loans for future teachers.
***Students should note that the HD Internship Program has been temporarily suspended, due to pandemic-related concerns.***
The Human Development Program offers a structured internship program designed to enable our advanced, most committed students to gain first-hand experience in a variety of different professional settings.
Participating as an undergraduate intern allows you to do the following:
- Obtain training in skills relevant to some specific professional context.
- Facilitate positive change across the life course.
- Obtain training in professional contexts appropriate for Human Development majors.
The available internship experiences have the following characteristics:
- Apply theoretical concepts from your classes to real-life situations.
- Develop skills necessary for working in human development-related career contexts.
- Test out a possible career interest.
- Improve your qualifications for jobs and/or graduate programs.
- Help local agencies provide services that facilitate positive life course change